Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Kansas City, MO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for multiple Engineering Managers to lead and recruit a team of highly skilled engineers. You are comfortable working in a rapid, agile environment and thrive when challenged with solving complex problems. In this role, your focus will be creating amazing software solutions for our customers and make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- The opportunity to lead the development and own key product features with our team in Pleasanton
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining and refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in an agile, small team environment within a highly successful Cloud company that is growing fast
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Tenacity, technical brilliance, and ability to contribute quickly
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves, work hard and have fun in a dynamic environment
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- BS/BEng in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.