Senior Systems Administrator
Software Engineering, IT
Honolulu, HI, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Systems is looking for a bright, driven, self-motivated Senior Linux Systems Administrator focused on customer-facing production infrastructure. This is a hands-on position and will work closely with the Operations, Engineering, and Support teams. You must be a strong team player who thrives working with speed in a fluid entrepreneurial environment. If you have at least 8 years of experience supporting a large number of RedHat Linux or similar servers in Production IT or customer-facing SaaS environments, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Monitor and maintain the Production Linux environment consisting of many Servers
- Assist in the build-out of new infrastructure in AWS
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- Collaboratively work with Operations and Engineering teams to implement changes/enhancements to production architecture including new servers and updates to existing infrastructure/configuration
- Investigate new technologies
- Develop, maintain, and improve internal tools for server monitoring and maintenance
- Share on-call responsibilities night and weekend and support work as needed
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Unix/Linux administration/Support/maintenance experience in a production environment preferably Red Hat or Amazon Linux
- Knowledge of OS and network security (firewall and system hardening)
- Advanced systems and automation programming skills
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical thinking and rapid problem-solving in a dynamic environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Need to be physically located in the Pacific, Mountain, or Hawaii time zone
Nice to Have
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Experience developing Ansible and/or Terraform scripting
- Experience building, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-tier, high-volume, production web installations (Load balanced server pools, App/DB, tier, etc.)
- Apache/tomcat/Nginx installation configuration and troubleshooting Networking
- Release automation, rollback, and configuration management
- Experience with monitoring and log management software
- Implementation/authoring of operational procedures
- My SQL administration
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.