Business Consultant - Commercial Analytics (Remote)
Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Commercial Analytics team is focused on supporting our customers through the analysis of industry data. The role of the Commercial Analytics Consultant is to help identify the source of the business issues faced, and leverage industry data and analytics to deliver solutions based on how these components drive successful business outcomes. Ultimately, you’re building critical customer relationships within the Commercial Business of our customers.
The majority of your time will be spent supporting client engagement teams and working with a wide variety of clients to deliver data/analytics-driven business consulting engagements. You should have a strong subject matter understanding of commercial operations processes, tools, and systems supporting segmentation, targeting, field analytics, or incentive compensation. In addition, you have an aptitude for understanding data and analytics while being able to interpret data to deliver solutions that drive insight and decision making. Lastly, you have the strong consulting experience to serve as the day-to-day engagement resource leading projects with the engagement leadership team. Typical projects will include industry analytics for field assessments, KPI definition, segmentation, targeting, incentive compensation, & digital maturity models, etc.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva with the requirement that candidates live on the East Coast in order to meet requirements to be at customer(s) site(s) as required.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Leverage data and analytics for solution recommendations and advisory for our clients including segmentation, targeting, Field KPI’s & incentive compensation
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels within the commercial organization
- Serve as a key member of the project team supporting key deliverables and timelines
- Monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate the ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Possess good business acumen
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- MBA or 2-3 years of experience with Commercial Analytics
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong understanding of data and analytics and how they drive business outcomes
- Strong track record of experience delivering client advisory engagements
- Core management consulting skills, including workshop facilitation, client presentations, project management, and ability to develop structured approaches/methodologies to business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel roughly 40% but this can vary depending on engagement (Currently no travel due to COVID-19)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?