Director - Strategy - Veeva Site Connect
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 5, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Director - Strategy - Veeva Site Connect will be responsible for product and sales strategy and growing the market share for Veeva’s Site Connect application.
This role requires deep knowledge of site engagement from a Sponsor/CRO perspective, site technology space, and a good overall understanding of the clinical operations business and technology. You will need to be knowledgeable about site portals, site collaboration tools, and investigator platforms in the industry as well the business needs and trends in this space. Software experience as a product/market owner, solutions engineer or professional services either at a technology company or a consulting company or on the business/IT side of a Sponsor/CRO company is preferred.
What You'll Do
- Provide guidance to sales teams in driving new opportunities in the Site technology market for Sponsors and CROs
- Support sales opportunities by conducting customer need identification and education sessions
- Interface with Site solutions team to develop sales and customer success strategy
- Consult with customers on how to leverage our technology to transform their business operations, guide them on best practices
- Leverage industry expertise to guide clients in their ongoing use of Veeva applications to drive customer success
- Develop strategy and messaging for customer adoption of new features and functionality for the existing customer base
- Provide business and capability guidance to the product team in support of new or enhanced functionality for our Site technology applications
- Gather product and services feedback and input from customers so that Veeva can continue to iterate and improve
- Present at industry/corporate conferences, facilitate webinars, and author articles and thought leadership content
- Partner with solutions consulting on product demos, product videos, messaging
- Other special projects as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in life sciences
- 4+ years of experience working with or for one or more of the following business areas within Life sciences at a CRO, Sponsor, Clinical research Organization, Consulting firm, or an eClinical vendor )Site management; Site engagement; Site Portals, Site Clinical Operations, Site and Patient technologies, Site Strategy, Site Feasibility and Selection)
- 5+ years of customer-facing experience; through a technology vendor company, a consulting company, CRO services
- Understanding of global drug development, clinical trial process, and market
- Knowledge and expertise in the technology needs of clinical research sites
- Strong knowledge of the site technology market, vendors, and how it fits and intersects with the Sponsor/CRO technology landscape
- Ability to hold meaningful conversations with heads of Site management, Clinical Operations, and IT regarding the software applications and their use within clinical trial execution
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and presentations
Nice to Have
- Proven track record of thought leadership through industry presentations, publications, or other mechanisms
- Experience selling software and/or services to life sciences organizations
- Experience managing a team that implemented software at life sciences organizations, responsible for oversight and customer relationship management
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?