Senior DevOps Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for experienced Senior DevOps Engineers with a passion for automating deployments and scaling and optimizing the CI/CD environments.
What You'll Do
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment that leverage AWS services
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any system being supported by the DevOps team
- 5+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- 8+ years of overall software industry experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing deployments in AWS cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in an AWS environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skill, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Codefresh)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform and/or Kubernetes at scale
- Strong scripting knowledge
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor health and performance of infrastructure and applications
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?