Software Engineer - Java
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
In this hands-on position, you will be part of the team building our CRM application. You will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever-growing number of customers. Software Engineers will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva. You should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment.
What You'll Do
- Design, test, and develop scalable, highly-available, low-latency applications for high-demand systems
- Participate in agile practices by contributing to stories and helping plan sprints
- Ensure customer success by ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies, and presenting these for architectural review
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience writing RESTful web services
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Management Information Systems
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Passion for writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Creativity and a desire to explore new technologies
- Tenacity and technical brilliance
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Experience developing on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, SaaS deployment models, and SaaS DevOps
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Prior experience developing or supporting mobile applications
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Experience with modern testing paradigms such as TDD (test-driven development)
- Experience with Angular JS, HTML, and CSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?