UI Architect - Platform
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a UI Architect for our Veeva Vault UI Platform team, you will take a leading role in building innovative solutions used by thousands of engineers within Veeva. UI Platform’s mission is to “Accelerate UI Application Development” and your sole focus will be achieving that mission through the creation of original software solutions written, “by engineers, for engineers”.
There is no red tape, politics, or endless meetings here; likewise, if you enjoy working in a dynamic work environment, and are up to the challenge of building a UI Platform that will revolutionize software delivery at Veeva, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and demo proof of concept prototypes for complex features
- Lead our UI Software Development Kit technical design discussions
- Architect efficient and reusable systems that power our many web applications
- Own all aspects of feature implementation from design to delivery
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to your peers
- Establish and enforce best practices and coding standards
- Regularly lead code reviews to ensure code quality
- 12+ years of software development experience with excellent communication skills
- Extensive expertise in the design, development, and use of component-based UI architectures
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Proficiency with CSS abstraction layers (e.g. SASS or JSS)
- Experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Passion for creating an amazing user experience
- Code quality and clear documentation
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Tenacity and technical brilliance
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Fitness and Wellness Reimbursement
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?