Principal Consultant - Medical Affairs Business Consulting
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Medical Strategy Business Consulting at Veeva provides custom consulting solutions to solve challenges for Medical Affairs Teams in pharma of all sizes. As a Principal Consultant, you will help grow the Medical Strategy Business Consulting practice in North America, with a focus on building our brand in the market, developing our customer network, and identifying and selling new projects to support our customers to deliver on their more complex and strategic Medical business issues.
Veeva is a work anywhere company. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the US
What You’ll Do
- Lead business development opportunities across Medical – identify and generate opportunities, clarify customer issues and needs, develop a compelling, differentiated proposal to solve these issues, and win new work
- Leverage your industry network to identify opportunities and develop our business and build new relationships
- Be the Medical Affairs Business Consulting Lead on one of our top enterprise accounts/geographies
- Build strong, trusted relationships with customers, serving as primary contact for strategic questions
- Support in the creation of new campaigns, offerings, and thought leadership that differentiate Medical Business Consulting in the market
- Lead multiple project engagement teams – empowering the team to plan and manage all aspects of delivery, from scope to quality assurance
- Develop and disseminate thought leadership and campaigns that differentiate Veeva Business Consulting in the market for Medical Affairs
- 10+ years of significant medical affairs strategy experience.
- Deep understanding of Medical Affairs and demonstrable expertise in at least 2 of the following areas: Medical Launch Strategy and Excellence, Medical operating model design, Medical Field Force Transformation, Medical Omnichannel Engagement model design, and implementation, Medical Communications and Publication Strategy, Medical Information Strategy, Medical Content strategy, Medical Insight & Data Optimization, Medical Analytics
- Credibility and experience to operate and engage at Senior levels with our Life Sciences customers
- Proven track record of developing new, high value, customer engagements
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing digital transformation and Medical/Commercial improvement programs
- Have a strong personal impact and ability to influence and persuade a range of stakeholders
- An effective communicator verbally and written, in English. Ability to drive open-ended, issue led, problem-solving discussions with customers
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams of 5 or more people
Nice to Have
- Ph.D. in Lifesciences
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?