Senior Consultant - Clinical Operations (Remote)
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Do you want to help implement leading cloud solutions in the Life Sciences space? Interested in developing consulting skills while delivering implementation solutions that make our clients more productive and efficient?
Veeva Systems is looking for leaders in the Life Sciences with experience implementing, supporting, or administering core business/IT operations for software solutions to join the Professional Services team.
As a Senior Consultant, team members will be implementing the Clinical Operations and Investigator Site Research suites of applications. Candidates for this position with consulting experience, play a core role in the design and roll-out of software solutions, and are technology-forward thinking in the Life Sciences or Healthcare space will thrive in this role.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Lead life science customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of eTMF, CTMS, Study Startup, and eReg/ISF solutions to support clinical trial data and content management needs at the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs to Academic Research Centers.
- Manage software implementation projects and customers during the lifecycle of an implementation focusing on project planning, gap analyses, workshop delivery, requirements gathering, configuration, validation, migration, integration, training, and go-live activities.
- Guide our customers through successful implementations from inception through adoption, ensuring alignment of processes to system design and functionality. Think critically about business requirements to ensure the solution reflects business requirements and focuses on customer success and adoption.
- Serve as the primary customer liaison managing communication, risks, and project reporting between the project team, customer, and internal stakeholders.
- Mentor project team and consultants in the R&D Services organization and provide leadership for project teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Strategy, Sales, and other teams across the company.
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle.
- 8+ years of experience working with or for life sciences companies; including, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Medical Device, and Diagnostics organizations with knowledge of document and data control and storage
- Direct system implementation experience either as a consultant, business, or IT representative for at least one of the following systems: Document Management (Documentum, OpenText, Sharepoint), CTMS, TMF, Study Startup, or eReg/ISF
- Experience delivering or developing workshop material, training, gap analyses, or requirements gathering sessions with business and system stakeholders
- Proven track record leading high-impact system implementations and the ability to collaborate and manage diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Knowledgeable of life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to act with speed to understand requirements, create corresponding solutions, and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a Clinical Operations solution
- Ability to travel 50-75%
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with systems such as Oracle Siebel, goBalto, BioClinica CTMS, Medidata Rave CTMS/Strategic Monitoring, Parexel IMPACT, Bio-Optronics Clinical Conductor, PhlexEView, Trial Interactive, DrugDev Site Selection and Payments, WingSpan eTMF and SiteZONE, Complion, Florence eBinders, Forte Oncore and eReg, Veeva Vault, NextDocs, Documentum, SharePoint, other clinical technologies
- Life science, computer science, or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience including knowledge of systems validation
- Experience in services delivery management and/or systems implementation
- Master’s degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?