Senior Migration Consultant - R&D (Remote)
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Senior Migration Consultant will be a leading member of the Veeva Systems Professional Services group providing migration solutions on project teams implementing Veeva Vault R&D applications and Vault Platform cloud solutions to companies in the life sciences industry.
The Senior Migration Consultant will lead customer migration implementations by providing expertise with data and document content migration, Vault API, Vault migration tools, and Vault Platform best practices. The Senior Migration Architect is a customer advocate working closely with other Veeva teams (Services, Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Qualified U.S.- and Canada-based applicants who are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Vault R&D migration implementation, including the migration of document content and object data from legacy systems to Vault
- Advise customers on the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process
- Mentor Veeva Data Migration Specialists on migration activities and best practices
- Contribute to our Professional Services knowledge base to build a migration program
- Provide guidance and subject-matter-expertise on migration tool development for the ETL process
- Assist in project scoping estimates for the Vault R&D product suite
- 7+ years of experience with document/content migration experience with enterprise content management systems (Documentum, OpenText, Box, SharePoint, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience with database migration with enterprise software systems (SAP, Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Trackwise, Argus, ArisGlobal, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience with customer-facing technical consulting experience
- Proven track record meeting with senior management and executives as the subject matter expert
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- Experience working with REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must be both located in and legally authorized to be employed in the United States or Canada
Nice to Have
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Experience with Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, or Safety business processes
- Project Management experience for enterprise software implementations
- Experience with GxP and software validation regulations
- Experience with migration verification process
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?