Principal Business Consultant - R&D Clinical
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
R&D Consulting at Veeva is a unique group fusing strategy and operations with data and technology. Establishing a leading R&D consulting practice is a strategic priority for Veeva, with high visibility within the company and to leaders of the wider Life Sciences industry.
As a Principal working within a company at the forefront of digital innovation in the Life Sciences, you will help grow our practice in the US. Focus will be on building our brand in the market, developing our customer network and identifying and acquiring new projects to support our customers to deliver on their complex business challenges.
What You'll Do
- Lead business development opportunities – identify and generate new project opportunities, clarify customers challenges and needs, be able to develop a compelling, differentiated proposal to solve these issues and win new work
- Leverage your network to identify opportunities and develop our business and build new relationships
- Be the R&D consulting lead on one of our top enterprise accounts
- Build strong and trusted relationship with customers, serving as a primary contact for strategic and tactical questions
- Support in the creation of new campaigns, offerings and thought leadership that differentiate R&D consulting in the market
- Lead multiple project engagement teams – empowering the team to plan and manage all aspects of delivery, from scope to quality assurance
- Significant management and R&D consulting experience (at least 10 years)
- Experience in the Life Sciences, particularly in the clinical operations area
- Extensive network of relevant stakeholders within leadership positions in Top 20 Life Sciences companies
- Credibility and experience in operating and engaging at senior levels with key Life Sciences customers
- Proven track record of developing new, high value/impact, customer engagements
- Demonstrated experience of designing and implementing digital transformation and R&D innovation/improvement programs
- Deep understanding of the entire R&D value chain
Nice to Have
- Experience with digital technologies – platforms, channels, analytics tools, apps, emerging tech, etc.
- Good understanding of Veeva’s broader platforms and solutions, and how these can be leveraged and enhanced by R&D consulting services
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
- Veeva certified on any of our relevant R&D products
Perks & Benefits
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for rapid growth and progression
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?