Senior Business Consultant - Life Sciences R&D
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are seeking talented individuals to join the Veeva Business Consulting group in R&D, a priority area for Veeva. We work with senior customer stakeholders, as the partner of choice for 85% of the top 20 Pharmaceutical companies, to define and realize the strategic value of Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Strategy & Operations as well as Quality and Safety (eg. Pharmacovigilance).
As a Senior Consultant, you will manage complex and novel consulting projects for Veeva customers in the research and development (R&D) space – managing teams and planning, organizing, and tracking all aspects of delivery. You will analyze interesting problems, build insightful solutions, and develop close working relationships with stakeholders to deliver realizable value, at the forefront of digital and R&D innovation.
What You'll Do
- Lead R&D projects as the operational face of a Veeva R&D Consulting team, with responsibility for planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of delivery including scope, quality, resources, risks, and timelines
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design, build, and delivery of deliverables that meet overall project goals and objectives
- Identify and proactively solve problems faced by the client
- Be a trusted client contact for strategic and operational questions, developing the relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, phone, and email contact
- Manage the work and priorities of team members on your project(s)
- Support and mentor Consultants and Associates in developing skills and professional capabilities
- Bring to clients an excellent level of industry, market, and functional insight including R&D specific challenges
- Proactively lead business development opportunities and proposals related to the R&D value chain
- Develop and disseminate thought leadership and campaigns that differentiate Veeva R&D Consulting in the market for Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Strategy & Operations as well as Quality and Safety.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree and excellent academic record
- 5+ years consulting experience in an established strategic/management consulting organization
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Good understanding and deep interest in pharmaceutical R&D, having delivered consulting engagements in one or more of the following areas: Regulatory, Clinical, Quality, Safety.
- Good understanding of the R&D value chain and ideally Veeva’s platforms/solutions and how R&D business consulting offerings can leverage and support these
- Good understanding of the business capabilities and drivers underpinning digital technology in health and life sciences
- Proven analytical skills, able to quantitatively and qualitatively assess problems and communicate responses across a range of issues
- A problem-solving mindset: anticipating issues early, analyzing and proactively finding solutions
- Demonstrated leadership of others in the delivery of complex deliverables
- Highly efficient project management skills
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and quickly establish credibility
- Have strong personal impact and ability to influence and persuade a range of stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Post-graduate-level qualification, Ph.D., MD, and/or MBA
- Network in Top 20 Life Science companies
- Experience with digital technologies – platforms, channels, analytics tools, apps, emerging technology
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
Perks & Benefits
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for rapid growth and progression
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?