Kansas City, MO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned and creative Senior Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Veeva, each software release is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Senior Performance Engineer, you’ll have a key role in our product’s success. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva’s Vault Quality Suite of Applications prior to its release and monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. You will work with product management to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. This is a technical and hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks. Ability to suggest solutions and make code changes to improve performance is desired but not required.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop, and achieve performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva Applications
- Efficiently work with various profiling tools, such as Yourkit, to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
- Expert in distributed computing systems and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?