Senior Director Finance - Sales and Strategy
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Senior Director of Finance for Sales and Strategy will have the opportunity to lead our FP&A business partnership with our Global Sales and Strategy teams. This role will be responsible for leading and scaling the people, processes, and systems that grow the insights and support that finance provides to our Sales and Strategy teams.
What You'll Do
- Be the strategic finance business partner and provide thought leadership to our Sales and Strategy teams
- Be the Finance lead in the ACV, ARR, and other key top-line metrics planning and forecasting for the company in connection with the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes, including related modeling and sensitivity analysis
- Gain expert knowledge of the sales pipeline and guide forward strategy, decision-making, and external investor guidance ranges in line with the go-to-market strategy
- Drive standard and ad hoc analysis critical to maximizing the effectiveness of the Sales and Strategy organizations in the near, medium, and long-term
- Be the thought partner to Sales Leadership to ensure commission plan design drives desired outcomes, and ensure the commissions can be properly forecasted and calculated
- Drive scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, forecasting, reporting, and deep insights/analytics for Sales and Strategy
- Manage operating expenses of Sales and Strategy organizations
- Build, develop, and manage a team of 4 financial analysts
- 10+ years experience in an FP&A role, preferably sales finance
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance-related majors
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in presentations to multiple levels in an organization
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- SaaS industry experience is highly desired
Nice to Have
- Adaptive, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, other financial planning, and reporting/BI systems experience
Base pay: $175,000.00 - $275,000.00
The salary range listed represents the potential base salary range for this position. The actual salary will vary for each candidate based on experience, market, and expected contributions.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?