Developer - HR Systems (Workday)
Software Engineering, People & HR
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Developer - HR Systems role is responsible for supporting technologies used by our Employee Success (HR) Team. This role will act as an IT Technical representative for all projects within the ES-IT portfolio. The role will work closely with Business Analyst(s), System Administrator(s), and business partners to effectively support and implement systems and solutions that meet ES & Veeva requirements. As a technical solution owner, this role will be expected to provide subject matter expertise for projects requiring technical development and integration. In addition, the role will provide support to other administrative functions of the ES System Landscape including access, configuration changes, and issue resolution.
What You'll Do
- Work with third-party vendors, internal resources, and business owners to effectively implement global solutions of varying complexities
- Support Data Migration efforts from legacy applications during implementation processes
- Provide technical expertise across Employee Success applications with the ability to understand and define technical solutions agnostic of a platform
- Develop detailed technical requirements and establish traceability to the business vision
- Work closely with business analysts and partners to understand and develop technical solutions to meet gathered requirements and Veeva standards
- Lead and execute smoke, unit, and integration testing in required situations
- Research and resolve issues, assist in outlining enhancements, and maintaining applications through system administration tasks
- Be forward-thinking in leveraging new features, functions, and product enhancements
- Work with integration teams to ensure ongoing efficiency & effectiveness in communication between mission-critical applications
- Experience Creating, Updating, and Maintaining Workday inbound/outbound integrations using EIBs, Core Connectors, Packaged Integrations, and Workday Studio
- Experience migrating historical and current data sets into HRIS/HCM applications
- Familiar with advanced Workday Reporting using all report types including SQL or other querying languages
- Experience creating and maintaining complex calculated fields and custom objects
- Global Platform Production Support & Issue Resolution experience
- Familiar with common system administration tasks including annual release cycles, general access concerns, and implementing small to medium configuration changes
Nice to Have
- Global, Enterprise HRIS/HCM Implementation Experience
- Workday Certifications in related disciplines
- Familiarity with other Integration & ETL Tools and Methods beyond Workday (e.g. Dell Boomi)
- Experience with other types of applications in the broader HR Technology Landscape (ATS Solutions, LinkedIn, Benefits Providers, etc.)
- Broader development experience in a variety of languages and/or custom applications
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?