Health Data Onboarding Team Lead
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As the Data Onboarding Team Lead for Veeva Compass, you’ll grow and build a team of analysts focused on delivering quality data in our suite of Compass data products.
Veeva Compass is our suite of data products including prescription and medical claims record-level data to support more broad de-identified patient analytics, and projected prescription and medical claims data to support HCP-level engagement.
You’re someone with extensive experience in prescription and medical claims data, as well as leading data analysts.
You’ll be responsible for driving quality health data as part of our Product team. You’ll work closely with our Product Managers, Engineering, QA, and Customer Success teams. You’ll have 2 key areas of focus:
1) Data onboarding - Designing and owning health data onboarding, focused on establishing a streamlined and effective process that brings data on with quality and speed. You’ll own the analytics for how new data affect our data network, and identify product improvements to better assimilate new data.
2) Data quality of our onboarded data - Design and own key quality metrics, identify improvements, and work cross-functionally to launch new features to continue to enhance our data. You’ll focus on productizable improvements that work at scale across billions of records.
You’ll be hands-on with the data, and lead the team to build dashboards to measure key network metrics, build standard templates and practices to streamline data onboarding, and build the roadmap of improvements to continue to enrich our data and drive product excellence.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about data and excited about working alongside Product Managers, Customer Success Managers, Engineers, and QA to drive continuous improvement and data quality in our Compass data products.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a team of health data analysts with expertise in claims data and data quality
- Own data onboarding process and partner with Development to build a scalable, repeatable process focused on speed, quality, and automation
- Leverage the data onboarding process to bring on new health data suppliers into our Compass suite of products
- Work with Product Managers for any new features needed to support new or existing data suppliers
- Understand our data network - such as areas of strength, biases, and provide recommendations to continue to strengthen the network
- Manage backlog and priorities for the Data Onboarding team, including the data quality roadmap
- Own design of new data analytics and data quality features and capabilities, including features such as match, merge, dedupe logic, value enrichment, and reference mappings
- Establish quality metrics, monitoring, and dashboards and design roadmap and plan to drive continuous improvement of our data products
- Own the investigation and resolution of data observations and data questions
- Work closely with the Product team to influence the product roadmap and contribute to design decisions and product vision
- 7+ years of data operations, business consulting, or analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience analyzing prescription data and medical claims data
- 3+ years leading analytics teams
- Advanced SQL skills; able to query and manipulate relational databases
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Experience with the principles of data analysis and data quality
- Experience illustrating and demonstrating data quality analysis results with key stakeholders (via Excel and/or Tableau)
- Experience defining KPIs and implementing dashboards and data monitoring to measure success
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python
- Expertise in lab data
- Experience in enterprise products
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?