Corporate Events - Manager/Senior Manager
Lyndhurst, NJ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Manager/Senior Manager - Corporate Events is a key contributor role with Veeva’s North America marketing team. The role supports the vision of the marketing team and is primarily responsible for the logistics execution of large-scale internal and customer events within North America. The successful candidate must be able to focus on the execution side of events, be an operational contributor for all day-to-day processes, help manage budgets, and support the execution of tactics, activities, and other details. They must be a team player working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams.
What You'll Do
- Working with cross-functional teams, you will provide planning and logistical support for Veeva’s major customer conferences, our internal field kickoff events, and other special program support. You will act as lead for assigned tasks and be responsible for the successful execution of key deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring flawless execution, quality of service, and timely delivery of all necessary components and materials for each event
- Short- and long-range planning and proactive management and prioritization of timelines and priorities
- Developing YoY cost-per-head analysis against program elements you own so that we can make informed decisions on future events
- Maintaining budget, procurement, and invoice/expense tracking and reconciliation
- Internal communications and coordination
- Logistics and management for key conference elements (in-person and virtual) included but not limited to the below:
- Hotel and venue sourcing
- Hotel/housing management
- Event registration
- Event programs held in convention centers
- Review and recommend supporting technology
- Event contracts in conjunction with Veeva’s legal team
- B2B corporate events experience (Sr Mgr 8+ years; Mgr 5+ years)
- Experience owning the major aspects of large-scale (1,000+ attendees) world-class conferences, live and virtual, with a focus on logistical planning and execution in a convention center venue
- Deep experience in hotel and housing management – this is a large element of the role – must enjoy complexity as this often includes managing multiple hotels for a single program
- Experience working with registration vendors and managing registration pre-event and on-site
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment – can produce with quality and speed
- Proven excellence in participating in cross-team program management
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams and across all levels
- Self-starter, proactive, creative, and critical thinker
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Nice to Have
- Experience marketing in enterprise software or SaaS
- Experience marketing in the life sciences industry
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?