Contracts Operations Specialist (Remote)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2021
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Contracts Operations Specialist on our Services Engagement team, you will support Veeva’s Services organization in the contracting process, by preparing well-written, accurate and cohesive contracts in response to the client’s consulting service needs. You will also support the contract renewal process, and manage operational processes from contract initiation through execution and staffing.
The Services Engagement team supports a global organization focused on North American clients; the candidate’s ability and willingness to work across North American time zones, as needed, is paramount to customer success. We have no work location requirement if you are able to work across different US time zones.
This is a full-time permanent role with Veeva. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Create executable contracts for Professional and Managed Services (implementation and post-implementation) that address customer needs and ensure alignment with Veeva policies and processes
- Manage contract-related processes– from initial request to final execution– to ensure timely and compliant contracts
- Coordinate the contributions of contributing team members (i.e., Professional Services, Managed Services, Sales, and other SMEs, as needed) to develop high-quality, compliant contracts
- Create the customer contract and manage workflow through the contracting process (i.e., draft, review, approval, execution, staffing)
- Format, proofread, and edit for accuracy, clarity, readability, and compliance with Veeva policies
- Maintain Veeva’s contract templates and processes for the timely and effective completion of Statements of Work, Change Orders, and related contracts
- Proactively manage a workload that includes responsibility for multiple contracts and other tasks, as required, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ensure all contract timelines are met
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience supporting contract development and/or contract operations in a fast-paced, B2B environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate complicated ideas into digestible language
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; expert formatting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional organizational, project, and time management skills
- Able to coordinate various levels of SMEs effectively to deliver complicated responses on-time
- Able to effectively prioritize activities, and work successfully under time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including the use of Styles in Word
- Ability and willingness to work across North American time zones, as needed
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, as needed
Nice to Have
- Experience in life sciences and/or SaaS technology
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com
- Interest in learning Salesforce.com report development or other technical skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed, with an ownership mentality
- Team player, able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Displays a positive attitude and sense of urgency
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?