Director - Clinical Operations Strategy
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2021
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Director - Clinical Operations Strategy role requires a deep understanding of the global life sciences clinical operations space and the associated eClinical applications used in the conduct of clinical trials including eTMF, Study Startup, CTMS, etc.
This role will be responsible for growing Veeva’s R&D market share directly via the small-and-medium-sized biotech and pharma channel (SMB market) and also by leveraging sponsor relationships.
In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to work with a team of Life Sciences industry and technology A-players, who, together, are bringing the next generation of clinical development and R&D applications to the life sciences industry.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for growing and sustaining the clinical SMB market for the Vault R&D applications including eTMF, Study Startup, CTMS, etc.
- Sell and market directly to SMB
- Use SMB relationships to ensure customer success
- Consult with SMB customers on how to leverage Vault to transform business operations
- Provide thought leadership and sales support to teams in driving new opportunities in the SMB market
- Provide business and technology guidance to the product team in support of new or enhanced features and functionality in Clinical Operations applications
- Develop strategy and messaging for customer adoption of new features and functionality for the new and existing customer base
- Sales and consulting
- Understanding of the SMB market and dynamics
- Coordinate resources across the customer lifecycle from sales to delivery and beyond
- Presenting at industry conferences, leading webinars, and authoring articles for industry publications
- Other special clinical projects as assigned
- Direct experience with clinical operational tasks, clinical operation applications, and/or GCP compliance as it pertains to clinical trial conduct
- 10+ years of experience working within or for the clinical area of a life sciences company or CRO with eClinical solutions, content management, and/or CTMS, SSU, or eTMF technologies
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and technology solutions
- Ability to hold meaningful conversations with heads of clinical operations and IT regarding the eClinical applications and their use within clinical operational execution
- Understanding of global drug development, clinical trial process, ICH/GCP guidelines
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and presentations
Nice to Have
- 2+ years experience working for an eClinical or content management software company
- 3+ years experience heavily working with eTMF, SSU, and/or CTMS technologies
- 2+ years working within Regulatory outsourcing of regulatory systems
- Proven track record of thought leadership through industry presentations, publications, or other mechanisms
- Experience selling software and/or services to life sciences organizations
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?