Lead Cloud Security Engineer
We engage the most inspired minds to do their best work wherever they work best—powering the freedom to create worldwide.
WP Engine is the most trusted WordPress technology company, powering over 1.5M digital experiences in 150+ countries for businesses of all sizes. WP Engine’s all-in-one platform enables customers to design, build, power, and manage extraordinary WordPress, eCommerce, and headless sites—all thanks to a nonstop commitment to innovation, award-winning WordPress expertise, and a set of core values that guides us every day.
What Is Cool About This Job
Come join our highly-collaborative team and help us secure the platform that drives many of the world's most popular sites!
WP Engine Security is the team who secures it all, and we need your help.
Our Team's Non-Negotiable Expectations:
- The WP Engine platform is secure. Period.
- Customer data is protected from unauthorised access. Period.
- WP Engine’s security culture and practices enable the achievement of its business objectives. Period.
We make this happen, every day, 24x7x365, and we have a lot of fun doing it - read on!
Your Expertise and Passion
You love to collaborate, influence, educate, and negotiate with our internal partners. You give others the benefit of the doubt and avoid black-and-white thinking when it comes to risk. You are creative, expressive, and strive for solutions where everyone wins. You love to build strong partnerships across the company and seeing others succeed.
- Solid understanding and demonstrated expertise managing cloud security controls and ensuring the security of cloud service offerings (IAM, firewalls/ACL, IDS/IPS, WAF, load balancers, proxies, Linux hosts, storage, serverless, etc.) for at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- 5+ years experience in a security engineering or related role (analyst, consultant, etc.)
- Experience securing Kubernetes and containersed workloads
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and associated security validations
- Experience working with API integrations and developing custom security automation (e.g. Python, Golang, Bash)
- Strong Linux security experience (hardening, vulnerability management, security alerting, etc.)
- Experience handling security incidents and performing associated investigative activities in a Linux and cloud-based environment
- Advanced ability to communicate clearly and influence others as a domain expert for cloud security, including the development of appropriate standards, guidelines, processes and procedures
- Multi-cloud experience (GCP, AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Hands-on experience managing vendor- or internally-developed multi-cloud security controls
- Application security and code reviews experience
- Threat modelling experience
- Hands-on experience with Cloudflare WAF
- Familiarity with SQL and data analysis techniques
- Experience with DevOps practices and tooling
- Relevant security certifications
The Perks and Benefits
- Company Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Great Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- HSA Company contribution $500 for employee / $1000 for family
- 401(k) with a 4% match
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 payment to set up your home office
- 4 Company Wellness Days a year
- 1 floating holiday
- $100 monthly wellness allowance to spend on what you want
- Access to free on-demand fitness classes
- Free subscription to Calm
- Pet Insurance
- On-going education through LinkedIn Learning, Workday Learning and our Career Growth Portal
Base Salary Range
We believe that compensation should be reflective of the impact you have within the organization relative to the market value of your role. The estimated base salary range for this position is as listed above. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Our salary ranges are determined by job role and responsibilities and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for salaries for the position nationwide. The actual base pay will vary based on various factors including job-related skills and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. Your talent acquisition partner can share more about the total rewards package at WP Engine including any additional total rewards components such as equity, variable pay plans (if applicable), and benefits during the hiring process.