Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Remote Work No OverviewAt Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you'll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.The Manager Regulatory provides management of Regulatory team and related processes that ensure Zebra products in development comply with global regulatory requirements. They also ensure oversight within the product design process to achieve consistently compliant products within schedule and budget. Additionally, the incumbent determines and develop solutions that optimize the organization and drive continuous improvements. Responsibilities
- Directs and controls the activities of individuals/teams in a functional discipline within a regulatory compliance group, division, sub-region or country.
- Develops regulatory compliance policy and integrated business solutions. Manages programs and/or product compliance initiatives.
- Contributes to and implements operational policies within area managed, and delegates assignments.
- Contributes towards profitability and/or cost containment by indirectly impacting the P&L through functional management of regulatory budgets.
- Develops and implements programs/solutions to improve processes, reduce costs and cycle time, and improve customer service.
- Recognized leader who exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for responsible regulatory disciplines.
- Manages relationships with internal and external partners, including, but not limited to development engineering, product management, program management, test labs, certification partners, and regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in an engineering discipline.
- Prior experience managing an engineering team, preferably related to regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated success and experience interfacing with regulatory agencies and supporting entities (e.g. test labs and certification agencies)