2024 Summer Internship - Research and Development
Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
Remote Work No OverviewAt Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you'll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.Our interdisciplinary team comprising chemists, materials scientist, biochemists, and engineers is dedicated to driving innovation and practical application. With specific areas of expertise in printing and environmental sensing, the team operates with meticulous precision to pioneer novel sensing domains and deploy innovative implementation techniques in a dynamic and fast-paced setting. Responsibilities
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures. Make observations and interpret findings.
- Work on furthering development of RFID usage for environmental sensing.
- Conduct testing to specify response of variety of environmental sensors.
- Drive forward manufacturing capability to move past proof-of-concept phase of innovation.
- Establish ability to protect intellectual property while learning about the process.
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work competencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with employees
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program (MBA/MS/PhD) in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Must have an anticipated graduation date between 2024-2026
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the work location Morris Plains, NJ
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation, such as UV-vis, DSC, microscopy, and FTIR
- Programming/coding experience or knowledge
- Experience in wet-lab environment
- Experience with maintaining lab notebook
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)