2024 Summer Internship - Supplies Product Management
Lincolnshire, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Remote Work Hybrid OverviewAt Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you'll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.Zebra’s Supplies and Sensor Product Management team is comprised of Environmental SensorProduct Management and Core Supplies Product Management. Product Managers manage theoverall product portfolio as well as advance the “idea funnel". The Product Management team brings products from concept to launch and manages the products from launch to End of Life. We work closely with the regional product management teams. We monitor industry trends, competitor performance and focus on how we can best address customer and market needs. Responsibilities
- Work with Product Managers to understand differentiating features/ value propositions of our products and help produce informal videos to educate our sales force and channel partners.
- Participate with Product Managers on Voice of Customer research- interviewing customers about market requirements.
- Assist in creating summarized findings of those voice of customer reports. Research around how we might respond to those findings.
- Work to collect existing voice of customer detail- identify key themes of “problems”- and set up a brainstorming session with Product Management and Engineering on how to address these customer problems and/ or enhance our Performance/ Reputation/ Assurance value propositions.
- Assist Product Management team with researching competitors and doing competitive analysis.
- Assist Product Manager with core portfolio management activities such as product line rationalization/clean-up
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program (MBA/MS) in Business Management, Marketing Management, Natural Sciences, Supply Chain Management
- Must have an anticipated graduation date between 2024-2025
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location - Lincolnshire, IL
- Market analysis experience
- Financial analysis
- Project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills